Features & Benefits
• The Horizon Pitch Changer transfers 25 each silicon wafers between one standard pitch plastic cassette to one non-standard pitch quartz or silicon carbide.
• The machine may be configured to accommodate a large diversity of Plastic, Teflon®, metal, Quartz, Silicon Carbide and Polysilicon carriers.
• The Horizon Series V machines are designed to limit particle contamination by using lead screw drive and stepper motor, “clean room grade” rails and bearings and electric boat sensors.
• The machine will not introduce more than 1.5
particles, greater than .23 micron in diameter, per wafer per transfer (machine must be exhausted to achieve this figure).
• All aluminum parts are hard black anodized for
• Electronic through beam sensors are used to detect wafer presence in boats and retainers thus
preventing accidental double loading and scratches.
• Lift system uses ramped speed controls for gentle pick-up and landing.
• Pressure sensors are used for both personal safety and machine safety by inhibiting machine operation.
• Retainers default to closed position to prevent
dropping wafers in the event of electrostatic
discharge, loss of power, or loss of air pressure.
• A pause function is provided to stop the lift system at any position to facilitate preventative maintenance and cleaning.
• The Series V machines have been tested with up to 50,000 volts electrostatic discharges without
disruption to internal electronics. The Series V
machines are virtually immune to RFI noise, EMF, and ESD.
• Uptime will exceed 99.25%.
• MTBF (mean time between failure): 2,500 hours
• MTBA (mean time between assist): 1,000 hours
• MTTR (mean time to repair): less than 1 hour
• RS232 communications port
• Recessed mounting
• Vespel package for high temperature applications
• Stainless steel covers
• Hot boat sensor